Poptropica is an online game where kids explore, play games and complete quests. Released in 2007 by the Family Education Network, Poptropica has over 75 million registered users all over the world. Although designed for children ages 6 to 15, 35 million Poptropica users are in the ages of 15 to 25.
In the Poptropica virtual world, the player is given a character upon registering. Characters gain or purchase credits by playing games and completing quests. Credits are used to get special items, abilities and effects. You can also use Poptropica cheats to gain advantage over other players.
Poptropica Promo Codes – What are Promo Codes?
Poptropica promo codes are codes you get when you buy Poptropica game cards. Game cards are available for purchase at select stores like Target, Toys R Us and Duane Reade in the United States and 7-11, Blockbuster, Sears and Futureshop in Canada. Poptropica promo codes from game cards were made available in 2010. It’s a great way for parents who do not have credit cards to buy Poptropica credits or membership for their kids.
Poptropica promo codes are used for membership or credit points. Poptropica occasionally offers special items or extended membership if the game card is used. Even existing members can use the game card, with their membership period starting on the next re-billing date. As of November 2011, Poptropica offers one month free extended membership if you buy a $10 game card at Target stores.
Why get a membership when you can play for free? A Poptropica membership gives you Early Access (four months before public release) to the newest islands and full use of all costumes and gold cards in the Poptropica Store. A membership is also the best way to get premium and exclusive items.
It’s easy to use the Poptropica promo codes from the gift card. First, you must activate the card on the Poptropica website. Go to https://www.poptropica.com/store/game-card.html and enter the username and password of the account for which you want to use the game card. Scratch off the back of the card to get the 10-digit PIN. Select “Membership” or “Credits” and click “activate.”
Players who selected “Membership” instantly get Early Access to new Islands and unlimited use of all costumes and Gold Cards in the store. Players who select “Credits” can redeem them for Gold Cards and costumes. Gold Cards are special items that allow players to customize characters with abilities and effects.
Poptropica Promo Codes – How to Get More Credits
Like many online games, you get credits the hard way by completing tasks and quests in Poptropica. If you don’t want to spend real cash on the game, you can still get special items and effects by schlepping it. Here are some ways to get more credits:
- New players can earn 75 credits just by registering on Poptropica. To do this, go to the main Poptropica page and create a character. Follow the on-screen instructions until you see the green “Save” button on the lower right hand corner of the page. Click on “Save.” Enter your username and password in the box that appears. Confirm the password.
- Earn 100 credits by completing an island. You can even complete an island more than once. To start playing, take a ride in the Poptropica hot air balloon and visit the island you want. Some islands are Mystery Train Island, Spy Island and Astro Knights Island. Click on an island to start playing.
- Earn 50 additional credits each time you win games. Games like Paint War, Balloons and Sudoku allow you to compete head-to-head with other players. If you cannot find somebody to compete with, some games allow you to compete with the computer instead.
- Get a membership to earn double credits or Poptropica promo codes. You’ll get 200 credits for completing an island and 100 credits for winning a game competition. The catch is the monthly fee, and you need your parent’s permission to become a member. Poptropica membership fees are $3.95 monthly, $10.95 for three months and $19.95 for six months.
- Ask your parents to buy credits or game cards with Poptropica promo codes. An upcoming birthday and the holiday season are two good excuses for parents to buy Poptropica credits for their kids. If you spend most of your free time on Poptropica, you can ask your parents to forgo the regular gifts and spend it on credits instead. Poptropica sells 500 credits for $5.00.